Product may vary slightly from pictures shown.
Performance Slotted Front Big Brake Kits by StopTech®. They feature fully forged calipers with patented stiffening bridges, patented 2-piece AeroRotors for optimised cooling, braided stainless steel brake lines, performance brake pads, mounting brackets and all necessary hardware to complete the installation. StopTech Big Brake Kits were the first Balanced Brake Upgrades on the market, offering optimised brake bias to utilise all the traction available from all four tires.
- Stiffest aftermarket caliper available gives a consistent firm pedal
- Fully machined and lightweight for track action
- Fully forged and extremely stiff for firmer brake pedal feel
- Meticulously engineered 2-piece design reduces flex
- Patented, removable centre bridge further resists yaw(flex)
- Carefully selected piston sizes for precise torque output
- Specifically engineered and patented AeroVanes for optimum cooling
- Patented, billet 7075 aluminum AeroHats for improved airflow
- Full-floating mounting hardware to eliminate pad knock-back
- Optimised to provide even performance and consistent feedback
- Hard-anodised hats are impervious to colour change or fading
- Stainless steel studs secured with set screws for strength and durability
- Fully machined aluminium or steel that is precise and strong
- Application specific design for precise and proper fitment
- Stainless steel braiding for lower compliance and extra protection
- A variety of fittings for hundreds of applications
- All necessary brackets and fasteners for easy installation
- Better brake modulation
- Patented design with directional stand offs between the rotor and mounting bell
- Increases airflow by 50%-100% over traditional 2-piece designs
- Increased airflow reduces the temperature difference between the inside and outside rotor faces
- Results in less distortion and better performance compared to other fully floating designs
- Outer pad wear is reduced
- Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots reduce stopping distances in wet weather
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Vented type of rotors offers much faster heat dissipation
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
- Fixed calipers create friction from the brake pads on both sides of the rotor at minimum time interval
StopTech Big Brake Kits exceed stock performance in two key areas: First, larger rotors increase heat capacity, allowing a driver to brake harder stop-after-stop with reduced chance of fade. Second, stiffer calipers and stainless steel lines reduce system compliance, providing consistent pedal feel and confidence-inspiring responsiveness. The key, however, is to increase heat capacity and reduce compliance without upsetting a vehicle’s stock front-to-rear brake torque ratio. That is why StopTech developed the Balanced Brake Upgrade design philosophy, which precisely apportions front and rear braking resources while factoring in vehicle weight transfer under braking. Every StopTech Balanced Big Brake Kit is engineered to produce that optimal balance using caliper bores and pistons specifically selected and tested for each vehicle application. This is what sets StopTech apart from off-the-shelf solutions. In contrast, a brake upgrade that adds too much front torque (as many do), will reduce your car’s ability to maximise the traction available from all four tires, robbing you of performance. In addition, a system that uses too many pistons or pistons that are too large will make the brake pedal much more difficult to modulate, limiting a driver’s control of brake input.
They include forged, lightweight StopTech ST calipers, floating, slotted AeroRotors, stainless steel brake lines, and race engineered caliper brackets. StopTech Performance Kits feature ultra-high performance ST lightweight forged calipers in six-piston, four-piston or two-piston configurations.
StopTech® has been awarded the highly coveted TÜV approval on several big brake kits. StopTech kits successfully passed TÜV’s demanding series of tests that range from performance and durability, to proper fitment and ease of installation. Although TÜV certification is not required in all countries, TÜV approval demonstrates that StopTech’s Balanced Brake Upgrades meet the rigorous standards set by this respected German Agency. StopTech Big Brake Kits have been awarded a Teilgutachten. The complete kit is certified to run on a particular application, so customers do not need to pay for further testing with the TÜV agency.
WARNING! Cancer and Reproductive Harm. www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.